Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
1. What do you like, or not like, about fishing and hunting?
2. When this past year have you felt like the hunter? The hunted?
3. How have the events of chapter 1:1 – 11 begun to happen? How does Habakkuk respond to this new situation?
4. To whom does he address this second complaint? How does his “voice” change in chapter 2:1?
5. How is the character issue related to the problem of evil (chapter 1:12, 13)? How will that change God’s mind?
6. Who are the “treacherous” and the “more righteous” (verse 13)? What is the “net” (verses 14 – 17)?
7. What would it mean for the wicked to sacrifice to the “net”? How does the “net” support luxurious living?
8. What is the punch of chapter 1:17 and chapter 2:1? Is Habakkuk resigning himself to fate? Or casting himself on God?
9. What symbols of power do we worship in our culture? How so?
10. When else in history have the righteous been “swallowed up” by the wicked? Why?