Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
1. Do you read the warning labels on products you buy? What warning labels do you read, but choose to ignore as silly or “that couldn’t happen to me”?
2. Recall a time when you were quite “tongue-tied” or speechless. What happened? How did you recover?
3. What is the main point of God’s warning to Ezekiel (verses 18 – 21, 24 – 26)? Of Ezekiel’s warning to Israel (verses 17, 27)? Why is Ezekiel held accountable for their response?
4. “Watchmen” were posted on farm and town walls to warn of thieves or attackers. What then does it mean for Ezekiel to be made a spiritual watchman?
5. How does the hand of the Lord feel to Ezekiel (verses 22 – 27)? What restraints does God impose on him? How does this show God is serious?
6. What message do you think God has for the people where you live? What is your role: to tell everyone, or only those who come to you? What would help them take you more seriously?