Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
1. For a vacation, would you rather go to the mountains or the seashore? Why?
2. When you get really angry, does it show in your face, arms, legs or body? How so?
3. Why does God want Ezekiel to prophesy against the mountains (see Deuteronomy 12:2 – 7)? What had happened on those “high places” that so displeased the Lord? What was so evil about burning incense to “idols” (a derisive term, meaning literally “dung pellets”)?
4. What are the different punishments God says He will bring against Israel? What effect will these punishments have on those who survive them?
5. What do you think is implied by: “You will know that I am the Lord”? (God is unique? Sovereign? Jealous? Universal?)
6. Why do you think Ezekiel talks so much about God’s judgment?
7. What is the ultimate purpose of God’s judgment? Why is it sometimes selective? Why are people hit differently?
8. Have you ever seen the effects of “sword, famine and plague”, or other forms of God’s judgment? How did it affect you?
9. How do those around you view God’s wrath? What do you say in response?