Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
1. Ever had a speaking part in a play? What did you like best about it? And least? Ever stumble over you lines? What happened?
2. Who comes to see Ezekiel? What do you think they want? Why is God angry with them?
3. What do you think is meant by the “idols in their hearts”? By “wicked stumbling blocks before their faces” (verses 3, 4, 7; see Ezekiel 3:20; Ezekiel 7:19)?
4. What’s so wrong with consulting the Lord’s prophet when you also worship idols (verses 4, 5, 7, 8)?
5. Why is the prophet who is consulted also liable? If God would never speak to an idolater, who then is the prophecy for?
6. What then is significant about this first warning to “Repent”?
7. What kind of idols might people have in their hearts today? What stumbling block might you be fixating upon?
8. What effect will mixed loyalties have on one’s relationship with God? What action does God want you to take in this regard?