Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
1. Do you like “put down” jokes? Do you find them rude?
2. Is your family tightly knit or spread out all over geographically? Socially? Religiously?
3. Where were Ammon, Moab, Edom and Philistia? From whom did these nations descend (see Genesis 36:6 – 9; Genesis 19:36 – 38)? Were the Philistines related to Israel (see Genesis 10:13)?
4. For what crime is each nation being punished? Had any of them been given the Ten Commandments or any part of God’s law?
5. How will God punish each nation?
6. What will be the effect of the punishments (verses 7, 11, 14, 17)?
7. Do you recall a time when you learned “the Lord is God” through hard knocks? Does your faith grow best in good times or adversity? Is God really putting down those He punishes (Ezekiel 18:23)?
8. What is your attitude when you hear bad things are happening to bad people? What should it be?
9. Does God punish the modern foes of Christianity to reveal His glory?
10. If God did not give Israel’s neighbors biblical revelation, how do you thing He made His will known? How does God communicate today? With whom does God communicate?