Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
The end has finally come. The fall of Jerusalem is recorded 4 times . . .
Sept 14: Jeremiah 39
Sept 16: Jeremiah 52
Today: 2 Kings 25 and 2 Chronicles 36:15 – 23
1. Do you know anyone who lives in a war zone? Occupied territory? The inner city? Why don’t they move?
2. This conflict story poses a dilemma: Is surrender ever noble? In what way do you need to surrender? To keep fighting? How do you know when to do what?
3. Is God still angry today? Over the same things? Does God judge nations and bring disaster on them? Why or why not?
4. Has God ever pulled everything out from under you? Without your last crutch or means of support, what happened when you fell? Do you dread falling again? Are you less afraid now?
5. Jehoiachin went into exile two years before the rest of Judah, but was given amnesty halfway through the 70-year period of exile? Why do you suppose that was?