Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
1. Have you ever seen a skeleton? Where? Was it real bone or imitation? How did it make you feel?
2. What little things can raise your spirits on a gloomy day? Where do you go when you’re depressed?
3. Imagine a valley full of bones. What might their dryness be significant (verses 2 and 4)?
4. Hebrews use the word “ruach” for “wind,” “breath”, and “spirit”. How are these three related (verses 5, 9, and 14)?
5. What are the two steps in raising these dead (verses 7, 8 and 10)? Why not do it all at once?
6. How are the exiles feeling (verse 11)? What is God telling them about the future of Israel? The individual? Humanity?
7. How would you describe your life currently?
- dry bones?
- no backbone?
- full of hot air?
- standing tall?
- into the flesh?
8. Has God raised you from the “dead”? When and how did it happen?
9. Are you “filled with the Spirit”? What does this mean? How does it happen?