Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
- Would you invest in real estate if you had the money? Why or why not?
2. Have you ever been cheated by a service or sales person? What did you do?
3. Palestine is to be redivided when the tribes return. How many square miles belong to the Lord (verse 1)?
4. Why the “open land” surrounding the temple square (verse 2; also chapter 42:20)? Had the Levites ever owned land before(verses 4 and 5; see Joshua 13:33)?
5. How does Ezekiel’s plan to keep the palace away from the temple (verse 7)? Why the separation of church and state (verses 8 and 9; also chapter 43:8)?
6. What other injustice does God prevent by assigning official values to weights and measures (verses 10 – 12)? What was the state of money changing at the time of Jesus?
7. Why does God care about land distribution, weights and measures? Should Christians be concerned about people’s “spiritual needs”?
8. How do people in your line of work commonly “bend the rules”? Have you ever done this?
9. Do people in power face more temptation than others? Or does power simply attract corruptible people?