Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
- Do you like swimming? Do you prefer an ocean, lake or swimming pool?
2. What’s your favorite drink on a hot day?
3. Where does the river start? Which direction does it flow (verses 1 and 2)?
4. What happens to the river as it get farther from the temple (verses 3 – 6)?
5. As it flows into the Dead Sea, what happens to the animals, fish, trees and people of the region (verses 7 – 12)? What would the river mean to a people dependent on walls and cisterns for water?
6. What might Ezekiel’s river represent? How do Jesus and the New Testament writers use the image of the river (John 4:14 and Revelation 22:2)?
7. What best describes your relationship with God?
- dying of thirst
- man overboard
- treading water
- smooth sailing
8. Does some part of your life feel like a parched desert? What could happen that would be like living water in the desert?
9. Picture the spiritual life as a river that keeps getting deep and deeper. Are you testing the waters? Ankle deep? Up to you waist? What is the next step?