Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
- Would you ever live in a foreign country? Why or why not? Which one (if any) would attract you?
2. Do you get along with your next-door neighbors? Why did Robert Frost say”good fences make good neighbors”?
3. These boundaries resemble the boundaries of Solomon’s golden age. Why is God so concerned to return the land to Israel (verse 14)?
4. Locate each of the boundaries on a map (verses 15 – 20).
5. Why is God concerned about the non-Jewish inhabitants (verses 22 and 23; see also Exodus 22:21)? What is the meaning of “inheritance” if aliens are entitled?
6. How important is “settling down” to you? Do you need land? A house? An army to protect you?
7. What people in your area are regarded as “aliens”? Is there prejudice in you town?
8. Does your church have the racial and social mix of the surrounding population?
9. Has God given you an inheritance or were you “left out of the will’? What is your inheritance? What would you like it to be?