Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Relatives excepted, who gave you your first kiss? Was it what you expected? Did you try again?
2. Which verses are about the past? The present? The future? What are the restored fortunes of Jacob (verse 1)?
3. How is the present going? What tension do verses 1 – 3 and 4 – 7 create? How would you explain the word “revive” in verse 6?
4. What do verses 4 – 7 give as the cause of God’s anger? What is a sign of revival, both personal and corporate (verse 6)?
5. What is dangerous about a crisis of faith (verse 8)? What does it mean for God’s glory to dwell in the land (verse 9; see Ezekiel 11:22 – 24)?
6. What truth is expressed in verses 10 – 12? What is God’s part of the deal? What is the people’s?
7. What is the meaning of verse 13? How might this be a messianic promise?What
8. How can “believing backward” help you “believe forward”?
9. Are you disappointed that something didn’t turn out the way you hoped it would? How might this psalm help you?
10. What are some “national laments” of today? Does God show favor to certain nations? Why or why not? How can we express our corporate laments?
11. What pattern of faith unfolds in this psalm? In your life?
12. What does it mean to let God’s glory dwell in your life?