Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window)
1. Have you ever sung a solo? Is it harder to sing in front of a group of people or speak to them?
2. When does this psalm take place? What is the mood of the exiled musicians (verses 1 – 3)?
3. Why do their captors demand songs (verse 3)? Why is this an offensive request? Why is remembering Jerusalem so important to the psalmist?
4. What had Edom done (verse 7; Obadiah 8 – 14)? What does the psalmist wish for them in return? What does he wish for Babylon? What must the Babylonians done to the Jews?
5. Have you or a loved one experienced deep grief? Did you “hang your harps”? Or were you pressured to keep playing and singing as before? When is it OK to hang our harps?