Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
1. What is it like to do a jigsaw puzzle that has missing pieces? Whose handwriting do you find near impossible to decipher?
2. What does this enigma imply about God’s “answering service” (verses 20 – 23)?
3. What six things happen within “seventy sevens”? Which events may refer to the time of Ezra and Nehemiah (appx 458 – 430 BC)? Which to Jesus as the Anointed One? Which results seem yet to be? (Hint: What do the “seven sevens”, the “62 sevens,” the “one seven” mean?)
4. What is the “abomination that causes desolation” (verse 27; chapter 11:31; chapter 12:11): Idol-making? State-church war? Armageddon? In the Gospels, what is it (see Matthew 24:15; Mark 13:14)?
5. For Daniel and Jesus, is the emphasis on what the future holds? Or on who holds the future?
6. For you, what is the Gospel in this passage?