Scripture Text:(click to open in a new window or tab)
1. Have you ever been singled out or summoned to the office of your principal or employer? How did you feel?
2. Which shepherd is slain? The Good Shepherd (chapter 11:4 – 14; chapter 12:10)? Or the foolish one (chapter 11:15 – 17)?
3. What will happen when the shepherd is struck (verse 7b; see Matthew 26:31, 56)?
4. Will all be lost? What will happen to the remnant?
5. How will the “one-third” be refined and tested (verses 8 and 9; see Isaiah 48:10)? With what results on their covenant relationship with God (see also chapter 8:8)?
6. Which “third” do you find yourself in? How does God refine and test your character? What part does your church play in this process?